We will soon send an invite for a brief one-hour Prior Authorization training. Please monitor your email if you would like to attend this webinar as it will have all the information you need to register for the event.
This training will focus on best practices when submitting a prior authorization. Our goal is to help users understand service categorization within prior authorization to help them get what you need to do faster.
If you want to attend but do not receive an email by the end of the week, please reach out and let us know.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming regularly develops and revises coding and reimbursement policies and updates to the coding sets. Our commitment is to update the provider community as coding and reimbursement policies are adopted and/or revised.
The following coding updates will be effective 11/1.
- Please include origin and destination modifiers on ambulance services.
- Ambulance services should be billed with modifiers QM or QN.
- Ambulance transportation services billed with revenue code 0540(Ambulance general classification) will deny.
DME and Supplies:
- Prosthesis and orthosis should be billed with modifiers LT or RT.
- Oxygen contents (E0441-E0444, E0447, K0742) will deny if billed more frequently than once every month.
Annual Wellness Reminders
Annual Wellness Reminders BCBSWY encourages Primary Care Providers to remind your patients to schedule an annual wellness visit. Annual exams are essential. We know that regular preventive care is one of the best ways to identify and treat health issues before they get worse. Click here to see the complete list of preventive benefits that BCBSWY covers.