Prescription Drug Lists (Formularies)
BlueSelect Basic, Catastrophic Drug List
BlueSelect Classic Drug List
BlueSelect Value, ValueOne, ValueTwo Drug List
BlueSelect Gold Core, Silver Core, Bronze CoreTwo Drug List
BlueSelect Bronze Core, Bronze CoreOne Drug List
BlueSelect HealthPlus Drug List | Lower Cost Drugs
Specialty Pharmacy Drug List
Our pharmacy network consists of more than 60,000 pharmacies in Wyoming and across the country. Choosing a pharmacy in our network will provide you with convenient pharmacy services and access to more affordable medications.
When you use a pharmacy that is not in our network, you pay the full cost of your prescription up front. You will also have to submit a claim to get reimbursed. Reimbursement for prescriptions filled at non-network pharmacies is not guaranteed.
Getting your medications at any of the 60,000+ pharmacies in our pharmacy network is easy. Simply present your prescription and BCBSWY ID card to the pharmacist. Your benefits are applied automatically so you know right away what out-of-pocket costs may be your responsibility.
If you go to a pharmacy that is not in our network, you pay the full cost of your prescription up front. Then you can file a claim with BCBSWY for reimbursement. You may be responsible for amounts exceeding allowable charges. Check your benefit document for more information. More »
A preferred drug list or formulary is a list of prescription drugs and supplies that have been selected to give you the best results while saving you the most money. You can buy a drug that is not on the list, but you may pay more. Ask your doctor to prescribe medications from your formulary when possible.
Who decides which drugs go on the list?
The Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) committee makes decisions about the drug list. This committee is made up of doctors and pharmacists. These drugs meet clinical standards for safety, effectiveness, uniqueness and cost.
It may be possible to reduce your overall prescription drug costs. Consider these suggestions:
- Ask about generic drugs. They can deliver better value than brand name drugs, working in the same way and costing less. Generic equivalents are considered by the FDA to be comparable to brand name drugs in:
- Dosage form
- Use mail-service. Fill your prescription through your mail-service pharmacy.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Ask your doctor to prescribe drugs on the formulary when possible.
- Review all medications you are currently taking with your doctor; you may not need them all.
- Talk to your doctor about a lower dose.
- Ask if you may be taking similar medications without knowing it.
- Ask about switching to over-the-counter alternatives.
This information is not a substitute for recommendations from your doctor.
PrimeMail® is your mail-service pharmacy delivering:
- Prescriptions delivered to the address of your choice
- Medications ordered your way – online, by mail or over the phone
- Up to 90-day supply of medication at one time
- Plain-labeled packaging protects your privacy
- Save up to 33% on prescriptions; this puts money back in your pocket
- Notification through e-mail or over the phone – your choice – when your order is received and when your prescriptions are sent
- Member service agents available 24/7
- Licensed pharmacists available seven days a week
- Refill reminder notification
Check your benefit document for more information.
PrimeMail® is owned by Prime Therapeutics LLC (Prime). Prime is an independent company that manages pharmacy benefits for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming members.
Specialty medications treat chronic (long-term) or rare conditions. Examples can include rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, cancer and hepatitis C. Medications that treat these conditions may be covered under the Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy. The Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy also provides programs and services that can help you get the most from your medication therapy.
Advantages of using the Specialty Pharmacy Program
- Medication delivery: Count on receiving your medication and supplies on time, when and where you need them.
- Insurance: Your claims are filed for you. Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy can help you understand your specialty benefit.
- Support: You'll have the support of a skilled care team. It includes nurses, pharmacists and service professionals who understand your condition and its treatment.
Getting Started with the Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy
Contact BCBSWY Case Management, 800-442-2376
- Coordination of medication coverage with BCBSWY
- Injection supplies (alcohol swabs, syringes, disposal containers, etc.) at no additional cost
- 24-hour access to specialist pharmacists and nurses
- Refill reminder calls
Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy program offered by Prime Therapeutics LLC (Prime). Prime is an independent company that manages pharmacy benefits for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming members.