Because the health and safety of our community is of upmost of importance, BCBSWY continues to encourage telemedicine visits.
- BCBSWY has extended our telemedicine benefits, including waiving member cost share, effective through 8/31/20. Expanded telemedicine benefits include all BCBSWY fully insured members but is optional for self-funded plans.
- For additional information on how BCBSWY is processing telemedicine benefits view this matrix.
- Go to www.fepblue.org/telehealth for more information on FEP telehealth benefits.
BCBSWY has extended our commitment to waive all member cost sharing and copayments for treatment, and inpatient hospital admissions, due to the diagnosis of COVID-19 for all fully insured members but is optional for self-funded plans, effective 4/1/20-8/31/20.
BCBSWY encourages members to explore mail-order options for your prescription refill needs.
COVID-19 Testing & Billing
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (the FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the CARES Act) require health plans to cover diagnostic testing of COVID-19.
- Coverage must be provided without any cost-share, prior authorization, or medical management requirements.
- View our billing guidance to understand which billing codes are appropriate for testing services.
- Antibody testing will not be a benefitable service when conducted for return to work or surveillance purposes.
- Asymptomatic and pre-surgical COVID-19 diagnostic testing is covered when medically appropriate and supported by the accepted standards of current medical practice.