Claims may be reprocessed with a new claim number, including the following circumstances:
- A claim was denied for not having a billing provider (a billing provider cannot be changed on adjustment).
- For claims with multiple rendering providers, a partially rejected claim may be reprocessed to a corrected provider number for certain dates of service only.
- If a provider submits claims utilizing frequency codes and submits a replacement claim that causes the original claim to be voided and a new claim number may be assigned.
- BCBSWY encourages Primary Care Providers to check a patient’s eligibility or coverage as patient plans typically change on the first of January and July. Please check a patient’s eligibility in Availity and reference the plan date and Member ID to confirm current coverage.
- New Wellness Tools! BCBSWY recently launched ANew360, a personalized wellness experience exclusively for BCBSWY Members and powered by WebMD.
BCBSWY Mailing Address:
PO Box 2266, Cheyenne, WY 82003-2266
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association