REMINDER! Availity has many features to improve efficiency!
- You can upload documents that you need to submit to BCBSWY through Availity. Documents for appeals, corrected claims, medical records (for reasons other than Prior Authorizations) or invoices can be uploaded through Availity. This is a great alternative to faxing or mailing documents and is more efficient since it provides a record of the date the documents were received and downloaded and makes it easier to track documentation of submission dates.
View this training guide to get started!
- Submit all prior authorization requests through Availity with the following exceptions:
- Any services related to a transplant
- Any services related to Intensive Outpatient Psychiatric or Substance Abuse
- Inpatient hospice, skilled nursing facility, acute rehab unit, swing bed, transitional care unit, residential care, and long-term acute care hospital.
- For Federal Employee Plan (FEP) authorizations of the following services, please contact our FEP case management team at 1-800-210-7257:
- Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Gender Reassignment
- Residential Treatment Facility
- Skilled Nursing Facility/Center
- Watch a recorded webinar to get started. Follow this link, login to Availity Portal. Then click the Enroll button to view the course.
BCBSWY will be closed on Monday, Feb. 21 in observance of Presidents Day.