FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Patient Reviews?
Informed patients make better healthcare decisions. They're likely to be more engaged with their providers and be more active participants in their own healthcare.
Patient Reviews is an online survey that allows members to provide numerical ratings and written feedback on their experiences with physicians and other healthcare professionals.
What has BCBSWY done to encourage the responsible use of Patient Reviews?
We’ve taken a number of steps to encourage the responsible use of Patient Reviews, including the following:
- Comments are moderated before posting.
- Members are required to use a unique screen name and agree to our Conditions of Use.
- A unique screen name allows us to identify the member who made the comment.
- Our Conditions of Use prohibit the posting of "any material or information that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy or infringing of the proprietary or legal rights of any person or entity."
The survey utilizes widely-accepted survey questions. The surveys are tied to real experiences (i.e. one per encounter). Only results are posted; no interpretation.
What does the survey look like?
A sample of the Patient Reviews survey is available on THOR.
How does Patient Reviews benefit me, the Provider?
- Credible feedback because all reviews are tied to an actual encounter with you
- We verify that each reviewer has actually seen the provider, ensuring increased credibility over other online review sites
- Excellent referrals tool
- Free word-of-mouth marketing to build your practice
- Complements other quality data available online
- Additional data point to third-party recognitions, awards and credentials
- Free customer survey tool that saves you time and money
- No more paper, no more direct-mail surveys, no more postage expenses
- Experience of other Blue Plans finds that 90% of reviews are positive
- Structured comments help participants leave a balanced review
How do I access Patient Reviews that have been submitted about me?
Patient Reviews will be posted on our Doctor and Hospital Finder. To see feedback from your patients, go to this site and simply conduct a search using your name.
What if I have more questions?
For more information, contact our Provider Relations representatives at 1-888-666-5188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're here to help.
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Search our network of healthcare providers.Download Mobile App
Drug list, cost estimator and more.
View BCBSWY guidelines for coverage.
Propose inpatient stay and request specified services.
Find Medical Policy and Precertification/Preauthorization outside Wyoming