Approximately 10 percent of our nation's healthcare expenses are attributed to healthcare fraud. We need your help in controlling fraud and the expense it creates.
We encourage you to report conduct that may be fraudulent. Some examples include:
- Billing for services not rendered
- Billing for additional, unnecessary treatment
- Billing for services outside of licensure scope
- Billing for services misrepresented
- Altered or falsified claims
- Letting someone else use ID card
- Trying to add ineligible person to contract
- Special requests for mailing of checks and EOBs
How can you help?
If you suspect a problem, you can report it to us by calling (800) 442-2376 or (307) 634-1393 in Cheyenne. You may also mail it to us at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming, Attn: Fraud Reporting, PO Box 2266, Cheyenne WY 82003.
Every effort will be made to protect the identity of the reporting party. There will be no retaliation for good faith reporting.