June 16, 2021 — BCBSWY is taking steps to keep our members, our employees, and our entire community healthy and safe. The well-being of Wyoming is central to our purpose and our top priority is to help our members get the care they need.
Within our company, we’re monitoring federal, state, and local advisories to guide us in making decisions about our day-to-day operations.
For members who prefer to send us a secure message online visit YourWyoBlue.com.
Once you log in, click Your Account at the top of the page and select the Message Center.
You can also call Member Services at 800-442-2376.
Getting care or medicine
From your home
We know how important it is that you can continue to get the health care you need whether it’s related to COVID-19 or not. The contagious nature of this disease has caused it to be more difficult to visit a doctor’s office or clinic for regular, scheduled care.
As a result, BCBSWY is taking the following steps to make sure that our members can continue to have access for their health care needs more easily and with respect to social distancing recommendations through the expanded use of telemedicine:
- Telemedicine encounters by phone or video will be covered.
- Effective 9/1/2020, member cost share will apply to services provided through telemedicine using audio-only or audio-visual technology.
- Effective 3/20/20-8/31/20, BCBSWY temporarily waived member cost-share for services provided through telemedicine by phone, video or other means.
- We are encouraging network providers to increase their telemedicine efforts if the services provided are medically necessary, appropriate to be delivered via telemedicine or phone, and allowed under the providers scope of practice.
- Members are encouraged to call your health care provider, clinic or hospital first for any medical service, including COVID-19, to avoid highly contagious spaces.
- We also encourage you to explore mail-order options for your prescription refill needs.
We hope these expanded telemedicine options will help ensure that you can continue to get the health care services you need.
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (the FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the CARES Act) require health plans to cover diagnostic testing of COVID-19.
- Coverage must be provided without any cost-share, prior authorization, or medical management requirements.
- Antibody testing is appropriate as a diagnostic test in limited circumstances and will not be a benefitable service when conducted for return to work or surveillance purposes.
- In our continued effort to reduce barriers in getting medical care to treat COVID-19, BCBSWY has extended our commitment to waive cost sharing and copayments for treatment, and inpatient hospital admissions for the treatment of COVID-19, effective through December 31, 2021 for most members.
COVID-19 vaccines will be offered free of charge, including waiving all co-pays, deductibles or coinsurance. The vaccines are provided free of charge under the federal CARES Act, and BCBSWY will waive all cost-sharing for any fees charged to administer the vaccines.
Click here for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine in Wyoming.
BCBSWY wants to make sure that our members continue to have access for their health care needs and treatment for COVID-19 (coronavirus) should they need it.
So that we can continue to serve you, please send us a secure message via your online account at FEPBlue.org.
We are committed to working with our providers, employer groups, and members to address the evolving COVID-19 situation. Our focus is on providing our members peace of mind about their health care coverage and doing our part to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 disease.
Latest News Updates
For additional information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Thank you for your patience, we are #WyomingTogether.