In 1945, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming (BCBSWY) opened its doors as a not-for-profit insurance company. Today we serve more than 100,000 members from our corporate headquarters in Cheyenne and offices throughout the state. More than 200 employees operate the company under the direction of the BCBSWY Board of Directors which governs the business.
Members and claims
- More than 100,000 members are covered by BCBSWY.
- Claims paid totaled $475 million in 2013.
Awards and recognition
- BCBSWY makes our customer the number one priority and continues to rank among the top Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans for claims processing and customer service performance by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
- BCBSWY is recognized by the Federal Employee Program as a low cost /high performance Plan with excellent service.
BCBSWY employs more than 200 people, the majority of them at the corporate home at 4000 House Avenue in Cheyenne. Additionally, BCBSWY maintains 8 sales and service offices throughout the state.
- BCBSWY is the carrier for the state Kid Care CHIP insurance program.
- BCBSWY is the administrator for the Wyoming Health Insurance Pool.