Professional Trainee — Full-time
*Continuous Recruitment – Titles listed as "Continuous Recruitment" may or may not be associated with current vacant position openings. Applications are accepted on a continual basis in an effort to establish an applicant pool of individuals who meet the basic qualifications outlined. Qualified candidates will be contacted if and/or when they are selected for the interview process.
- Main Office, Cheyenne, Wyoming
- 40+ per week
- Office hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- To be determined
- Fringe benefit package
(Details available at time of interview)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Educational discipline may vary, however, Business, Communications, Computer Science/Information Technology, Mathematics/Statistics preferable. Paralegal or Legal Assistant background accepted.
No professional-level work experience required. However one year of combined work experiences preferably in the field of healthcare and/or work experience in an office environment recommended. Valid driver's license required.
Computer Technology: Mid to high level computer skills preferred. Knowledge of software may include Microsoft Office, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or other job specific software applications.
Professional Trainees are hired from various professional disciplines and educational backgrounds for the purpose of ensuring a pool of talent for developing future professional and/or management capability. As dictated by the needs of the company, duties of Professional Trainees may differ significantly and will focus on the activities of one or more department.
- Expands on current knowledge, skill and ability in order to learn technical requirements essential to completion of departmental job responsibilities
- Conducts research as requested by department head or as necessary in order to learn about the department, company, providers, customers, and product line
- Applies newly acquired knowledge and concepts to daily work activities
- Completes special projects and/or assignments in a timely manner
- Under guidance of department head, actively participates in the daily operation of the assigned department(s)
- May function as team leader or member of various work groups and/or special committees
- As directed by department head, may assist with specified duties associated with daily management of assigned department(s)
- May be required to make presentations to groups
- Must provide reports, spreadsheets, and other written and/or verbal communication as requested
- Using tact and diplomacy, may question existing methodology
- Under authority of senior management, may develop and recommend for implementation innovative concepts to improve upon existing processes
- Some travel may be required
- Must perform other duties as assigned
- May lead the work of others
Position summary shown may not include ALL of the necessary knowledge, skill, and ability requirements. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. EOE M/F/D/V Employer.